Unexpectedly Expected (Fic Index)

Thursday, November 29, 2012

UE part 4




When they had stared long enough and had digested the fact regarding who exactly stood before them their facial expressions were something like this-


Khushi was already making plans to make the fastest escape possible from the place which was evident from the look on her face while Arnav's face became the cloudy skies of the thunderous monsoon seasons..you could even kind of hear the thunder..


the anger which was supposed to have been equally distributed among some 30 people at his gate was channeled into one and he moved towards Khushi with fire in his eyes...


"So you had the damn guts to enter my house! I thought you had learnt a lesson or two regarding barging into people's faces...you damn unethical chits don't miss out on a chance to exploit anyone do you? Well lemme tell you this. I know how to deal with pieces like you, I have a full idea of-"


"ENOUGH MR RAIZADA! You are crossing your limits!" her voice rung through the empty hall..


"KEEP THAT VOICE DOWN!" he shouted with double the intensity.. "and by the way why shouldn't I, you just crossed yours" he spat out..


"mind your manners Mr Raizada...they could cost you a lot" she thundered looking straight into his eyes..


that was it.. one step forward and in a jerk he shook the life out of her..


" well I know just how well to mind what right now"


she looked with fire straight into his eyes...it was fire for the first three seconds after which an amazing cool spread over her face..which after two more seconds turned to a full on sarcastic smile..


"congratulations Mr Raizada"


To say Arnav was confused would be an understatement..the bafflement itself made him let go of her arm slowly..


she saw the confusion on his face and spoke..


"why are you looking at me like that? I said congratulations, at least thank me!"


"what for?" he breathed out..


"what for? You just realized you are a man! Look how real hard you could jerk a person, real strength I say, wow, it must have been such a boost to your male ego! I know..big moment..is there a party? Arnav Singh Raizada realizes he's a man or something like that? I mean-"


"SHUT. UP" he breathed closing his eyes.. "I said JUST. SHUT. UP"


"why I-"


"OUT!"


"I-"


"I SAID OUT!!"


"huh..only a lunatic would dream of having your company..out? My pleasure!"


she edged past him , him, who could at the moment even kill her...if she would stand there even for 5 minutes more he knew he would lose it..


she walked a little distance before turning back once again to him..


"I would say I sympathize...but evidently you don't need it in the first place..by the way, tell your sister she left this behind with me will you?"


Saying this she thrust Anjali's clutch bag into his hands as his eyes widened with confusion at the object...


"by the way, Mr Raizada" she looked into his eyes again... "since you showed me your power it is as well I show you mine.." saying this she opened the zip of her handbag and taking a pen out shook it before him..


"beware of the power of our pen Mr Raizada..does a hell lot more than your physical strength can do.."


And with this, Khushi Kumari Gupta was out of RM..












"Easy!!" Paayal shouted as she bent to avoid the dart from hitting her head..


"50 points!!" Khushi skipped with delight clapping her hands as Paayal turned her head around to catch sight of this 'dart board'


The dart board was basically a picture of Arnav Singh Raizada stuck on her magnetic dart board which Khushi had googled , enlarged and printed..


"What on earth is this Khushi??" Payal widened her eyes at her sister..


"The most amusing game on earth.. hit his head and you get 25 points only ,because, well, it's already hit real hard from before, hit his nose you get 50, because you know it's very high, but if you hit the mouth" she said aiming her dart again at the picture. The dart hit staight on the mouth..


she did a jiggle before saying "you get a 100! because even he can't control it! "


Payal rolled her eyes settling herself on the bed..


"and what satisfaction does that give you"


Khushi turned, gave a 32 out grin before saying " don't even ask jiji...don't you even ask..."


"you carry on then , I have got more constructive uses of my time"


"50!!"


Paayal shook her head as she made her way out..



-------




Arnav sat beside Anjali trying to somehow persuade her to get something into her mouth...it wasn't being easy but he was very well determined..it was after sometime when he remembered the clutch bag khushi gave him..


"di..who brought you here?"


Anjali snapped out of her thoughts with a startle


"khushi" nani said from behind..


Arnav turned in surprise "and how do you know her?"


"I talked to her when she came here..not much-"


"She helped me out of the crowd" Anjali broke in..."when I came out, there was such a rush that I didn't know-" her voice choked..


"and where was the damn driver?? and the chauffer? No one was-? These-"


"stop it chotte! It's not their fault..it was all too fast...then Khushiji held my hands and led me to the car..and dropped me here..oh my god! I so forgot about her! Is she there? I need to thank her at least"


"Di stop! You rest over here..the world's not running away..by the way here's your clutch, you left it behind.."


"chotte is right" nani intervened "and since I think he's already met her, he must have used the opportunity to thank her already"


eyes turned towards Arnav , who got up and stormed out of the door..



--------



He stood by the window , steadily looking at the drizzling outside... he hated rains..they made things look more miserable than they already were...he shut the window with a resounding bang...


and her face swept across his mind..


"ENOUGH MR RAIZADA!"
"mind your manners!"
"Arnav Singh Raizada realizes he's a man or something like that?"
"out? My pleasure!"
"beware of the power of our pens..does a hell lot more damage than your physical strengh can do.."
"is she gone? I need to thank her at least"
"Chotte must have taken the opportunity to thank her"
"i would have sympathized, but evidently, you don't need it"


And the noise resounded in the room as he kicked the corner stool with such immense force that it rolled across the floor..


"khushi kumari gupta.."




---




She loved rains! The little splatters that danced on your face..the world seemed a better place when it rained around..life seemed worth living!


"Khushi ARE you coming or NOT?" Paayal shouted at her from the verandah..


"Nooo.." she squealed with delight as the drops poured down her face


"for heaven's sake khushi! I am warning you! If you are not back at the count of 10, the whole house gets to know what exactly you are up to! Ma might not be too pleased..


By three Khushi was back in the verandah..


"You my sister" she said pointing towards Paayal's chest.. "need a heart"


"and you need brains! God, who could ever employ you??"


" well, someone did didn't they?" she winked at Paayal before heading to take a bath...


and of course, there was some very important work left to do...unethical chits.. pieces like you...i know exactly how to mind what right now..the words echoed her mind as she poured water on herself...


beware of the power of our pens Mr. Raizada...




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. So looking forward to the power of the pen !! Loved their encounter and how Khushi gained control of the situation !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wonderful take on an Arshi story. Incredibly exciting. I am an avid reader of arshi stories. My name is Judy 1st time I read a story you have written. Love it. My email judywrose@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Note

Hi, this blog has been shifted to: https://storiesbysaucechips.wordpress.com/ See you there! Love, Sabi